Hello, dear readers! I have exciting news. I’m hosting my very first writing contest here on Inspiration for Creation. After all, my goal is to inspire you to create. What better way to motivate you than by giving away FREE stuff?
You like? I thought so. 🙂 Get those itchy fingers ready.
Recently I talked about my soon-to-be-published book, Foreign Identity and how it defies genre conventions. It’s a little bit science fiction and a little bit thriller with a sprinkling of romance and a dash of mystery thrown in (shaken, not stirred). So I thought those genres a very fitting theme for this contest. Now, don’t you want to know about the prizes?
I’ll be picking two winners for this giveaway. Check out this swag you can win.
My publisher, Consortium Books, has another series of novels that are a mash up of the science fiction and thriller genres. I’ll be giving away a signed copy of Gods Tomorrow (the first book in the Ghost Targets series) by Aaron Pogue. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Here’s what it’s about:
In a futuristic world where everyone carries handheld devices and wears headsets (required for phone service, internet and to complete any transaction) advances in technology have made things like renting an apartment, buying a car or ordering takeout easier than ever – at the sound of your voice. Hathor, the voice-recognition system prevalent in society, is responsible for this convenience but is also the equivalent of a benign Big Brother, providing full surveillance of the civilized world to those in authority.
Katie Pratt, a rookie cop learning how to use the system to administer justice, is tasked with the investigation of a murder. But she soon discovers that someone has figured out a way to get around the surveillance system and covered up the crime by tampering with the evidence. What’s even more intriguing are the “ghosts” that have learned to camouflage themselves to avoid being detected within the system. Determined to find the answer, Katie turns to contacts outside the system, hoping that her plan won’t backfire in the end.
I’ll also be giving away an e-book ARC of Foreign Identity. (If you want to win a paperback of Foreign Identity, check out the Goodreads giveaway in the right sidebar.) Are you bursting with anticipation?
What do you have to do for a chance to win one of these great prizes? Here are the rules:
- Write a piece of flash fiction (300 words or fewer) in the science fiction/thriller genre. You can pick one or the other, but better yet, why don’t do a mash up between the two? (If you want to add elements from other genres, too, I won’t discriminate.)
- Post your entry on your blog or website (if you don’t have a blog, you may post your entry as a note on your Facebook page, but only as long as it is public so that I can read your submission.)
- Mention the contest and link back to this page in your blog post.
- Comment on this post and include a link to your story on your page.
- The deadline is 8pm Eastern time, May 14th. You have two weeks to submit your entry.
- US and Canadian residents only.
That’s it! From the entries, I’ll be randomly selecting two winners. They will be announced here on May 15th. Only one entry per person.
I can’t wait to read your submissions. Good luck! And be sure to check out the other entries and leave them some comment love.